Took Brett in today for more blood work. Brett was a champ about it up until the minute the needle came out. This time it took just 3 of us. I sat down in the chair and held his legs and one arm while the other 2 people held his arm out. They only needed 1 vial this time. Brett had that same look of terror on his face but he made it through. He kept saying- it hurts it hurts, take it out. Broke my heart just enough that I have told him there is an easy bake oven awaiting him at home (Yes this was his big brother gift- but now has turned into his brave boy gift). That little guy can just melt my heart away and I dont like to see him struggle. After the blood test it was back to school. He walked in and took off his coat he had a bright green arm band on from the shot and the hospital bracelet. As soon as his friends saw that and asked about it he was in heaven. Everyone wanted to know about it. Keep your fingers crossed that whatever made the first one come out worrisome has gone away.
One of the people I work with has a daughter going to the neighborhood preschool that brett will be attending. She told her dad that at school today they learned there would be a new boy coming to school whose name is Jackson who will be having a baby brother soon. I assume they are talking about Brett. It made me happy to hear that she is still expecting him because she never did send home the registration packet with our neighbor. Brett tells me he is excited to be home more with his mommy and the baby but that he still wants to meet new friends his age. I really hope this works out.
I called the funiture store today and they are stating that the couches are in fact loaded on a truck that will be arriving at the store on either Thursday or Friday of this week. Now this isnt the first time I have been told this so I am not optimistic but he swears the driver was assigned and they will be here. A few weeks ago he offered me free delievery (not in writing of course) and I really doubt that will happen but if those couches get here I am going to get them picked up right away! I am not waiting any longer.
October 2013 Paw Print
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment