Tuesday, February 23, 2010

10 Days Left!

Well the single digit countdown is on starting tomorrow we are down to 9 more days til the baby is induced!!!! So I have updated our Blog name to the Jackson 4. No we do not have a name picked out for the baby yet. Right now we are down the following list- which is subject to change- Collin, Dillon, Kaleb, Jacob. we are even farther away from picking a middle name.....

Justin does not want a popular name and made a very good point this week as Salt Lake Community College sent us a collections letter for 22.00 from 2007 that was meant for Justin T not Justin B. so Kaleb and Jacob might not be on the top of his list.

The changes are already starting at our house. I started to work from home this week. My back was killing me at work as well as driving. So while this is temporary I can not tell you how much it has boosted my attitude about being pregnant and getting through a work day. I made my final drive to Sandy Monday. I will be working from home until Thursday of this week. Friday my maternity leave will have officially began. Planning to go back to work around April 19th. This is the longest I have been off work since I can remember. My mom will stay with Brett the week after I go back and then Justin will be home for the summer. Its amazing how much I get done from home but being in HR working from home wouldnt be a long term option as dealing with people face to face is my number one duty. But for 3 days it works well. I have a great set up- My new recliner, ice cold soda, my PJs, my lap top and Black Berry. Now all's I need to make it perfect is an mint chocolate ice cream cone.

Brett was going to be in day care until Thursday as well but I think with all the talk about change he was ready to make his start as well. He went in to school Monday and had a rougher time being dropped off than usual. When brett gets over excited about something or anxious it makes it hard for him to concentrate at school so we decided to pull the plug and let him be done as well. Today on my lunch break I drove him out there to say goodbye to his teachers and friends. Really the only one he really wanted to say goodbye to was Samuel his best bud. The good news is that his mom and I have exchanged numbers and are planning some play dates starting soon. Brett and Samuel are two peas in a pod who bring out the best in each other, and can also get into trouble fast. Poor Justin has to get up and drive to work... poor guy.... I wont feel so bad for him this summer when he is home and I am off to work. I must say that today Brett was an absolute angel while I worked from home. I could not have asked for anything better.

Brett also got to go to the Quest academy this week to fill out his Kindergarten paperwork. He officially got into the charter school in our area. We are not 100% sure he will get to go there because of transportation logistics next year but wow it was a nice place. WE decided to fill out the paperwork to hold his spot and then make up our minds by next fall. They have more computers than kids there, brand new building and everything. His pal Seth goes there and Samuel will be attending as well. However we are not 100% sure yet as the public school in our area is known to have the best Kindergarten teacher around. Its amazing how tough these decisions are for a 4 year old. I cant imagine how it will be when he gets older. When I introduced Brett to the office staff they cheered for him. He was beaming ear to ear as he hid behind my back.

I was also ready with a schedule for Brett over the summer. But I learned quickly this first day that it just doesnt work out that way and adding a baby to the mix will make it harder. So for the time being with work and new baby his only will be getting to his new preschool 3 days a week for 3 hours. I feel bad about that but at the same time I dont want to set up our schedule for failure.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm glad you get to stay home now! I am so excited for you and the baby to be. Just a heads up I believe Dylan or Dillon is a very popular name. At least around here we know at least 5!

morgan said...

Holy cow! I am so excited for the little man to get here! I can't wait to see pictures so you better be putting some up! :) And for what it's worth (probably nothing) but I love the name Collin! Very cute! :)