This weekend I undertook a project I probably shouldnt have as my back gave out on me for the remainder of the day Saturday (it was just fine by Sunday). Anyhow the basement was such a complete disaster and it was driving me nuts (maybe I am nesting)
All the boxes were dumped out and on the floor and you couldnt even walk straight through. I didnt do a great job cleaning it out but I at least got things stacked up against the walls. The other benefit of this was the Brett finally got the remainder of his toys back from the basement. It has been a rough road since he lost all his toys however he has made such improvements that it was finally time to get them all back. The amazing thing is just how many toys this kid actually has.
Brett was so sweet while going through his toys picking out toys he thought he didnt need anymore for the baby. Mostly it consisted of little people, elmo and thomas the train. The problem was after it was all over he just could resist playing with them again. I love that Brett is getting older and find it sad he likes older toys but every once in a while you get a glimpse of that little kid in him. He got to play with the little people and barn for a while. We made sure he knows that he can always play with them since he is the big brother. Brett also got to pick out a toy at the store for the baby. This toy was for the day the baby came home from his big brother. He ended up picking at toy bar for the car seat.
The other thing I told brett was that when he becomes a big brother I would get him a big brother gift. He asked if he could give me ideas and I told him yes but no promises. Anyway what he wants more than anything in the whole wide world (today) is an Easy Bake Oven..... So not what I expected.
Here is the baby toys he had to play with. It was just a big mess as nothing was organized yet.

Brett and his friend Seth have such a love hate relationship. They played some on Friday and got along so well. Today Seth has only been over for about 10 minutes and they have had about a million fights. They called each other liars about who dumped toys out, Seth has told brett he wants to leave about 10 times, so on and so forth. I try really hard not to take sides because usually Brett is partly at fault. But Brett is being so good today, not whining, asking for help when needed, and sharing, so its hard to be an impartial adult guiding them to come up with their own solutions.
The cool thing is that these construx toys that Brett loves so much have also appealed to Seth and things have settled down for the last 10 minutes. yahoo. (and we got all the other toys picked up) a little peace and quiet for a minute.
The last piece of news for today is that I can still drive a stick shift. Something to be proud of because it was hard for me to learn. I was really dreading driving the jeep but today I tried it out and didnt kill it once. I got one comment about being a race car driver reving the engine but still I remembered.
1 comment:
I hate stick shifts especially in the snow. I love the first picture you posted of Brett, who could ever be mad at him with a face like that.
Post a Comment