Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Drawing Blood

Today we took Brett in to get his blood drawn. We are just having his iron and blood sugar levels checked. Brett has been doing so good at school lately but everyonce in a while he still has those crazy outbursts. His eyes get glossed over and he is like a different person. So while its probably not anything in his levels its worth ruling it out.

anyway Brett was terrified to get his blood drawn. I am so lucky that brett's nana was there to go to the Dr. with us or I am not sure how it would have gone. When we got into the room brett was just scared. You could see it in his face. He hid behind the table. When the dr. came out he did very good and was brave. But as soon as the nurses came in to take his blood he was terrified. Luckily his nana helped him through it. The worst part was getting the needle in and then after that he just looked at her and sang songs. They took 4 vials of blood. after it was all over he got to go to Mcdonalds Playland, the Treehouse Museum and then to Iggy's for spinach dip all with Nana. (I had to go back to work). I think it was a pretty fun day for him. they are home playing Wii now.

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

this is one of those catch 22 type things. you want the blood work to come back normal, but you also want answers to the problems. good luck!!

Penny said...

I hope you get some answers after all that work to get the blood. Deb has just a way of calming people, doesnt' she. And she adores that little man of yours.

Rachel said...

Wow 4 vials! I hate the feeling of the needle while they are filling up the vials. What a brave boy!