Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Change is in the Air.

As if adding a new baby to the mix isn’t enough for Brett to handle we are going to throw another thing into the mix for him. Officially my last day at work and his last day of day care is February 25th. I gave his day care notice this morning. It’s probably a bit early to give notice however, I have talked to him about it and don’t want him to be the one spilling the beans. It was a tough decision to pull him out of day care because he is doing great right now. He still has his moments but since they have moved him to the Kindergarten class those moments are far and few between. His new teacher gets him. Our decision is based on a number of factors- 1. He will be having to change anyway in August because they don’t transport to his elementary school (can you believe he will be in kindergarten already- I cant) 2. It saves a ton of money 3. He has the opportunity to be a “stay at home kid” for 5.5 months 4. Its gives his dad and I more time with him (selfish I know). I found a preschool in our neighborhood that most of the neighborhood kids (who we don’t know) go to. It goes 3 days per week for 3 hours a day. Brett will be starting that on March 1st. He is nervous to make new friends but says he wants to stay home more with mom and dad. So this will provide him that opportunity to still get away from the baby a little, do activities with other kids but yet be around the house more with us. We wish we could keep him in the same place for just a few hours a day but it’s just not how they work and with the distance from home I just think he would end up being there all day anyway. This preschool is from 9 am to noon M,W,F so hopefully the 3 hour structure will help him vs. having him get bored. He will be at this new preschool for only 12 weeks and then home for the summer (more change). Over the summer we plan to keep him in different activities like Tball, swimming, etc. In August we will have to determine what daycare he can go to that will transport to his kindergarten class.
As far as Justin and I go: I will be home from February 26th and returning to work April 26th. This is all dependant on the baby (who still has no name) not coming early. The official due date is March 11th. I have everything planned out perfectly as long as his appearance does not come early. On March 11th or after would be perfect. Actually March 12th would be ideal as Justin will be on spring break that Friday through the next week. Brett was really late so I am hoping on time this time. I will be home with Brett for 2 weeks prior to the baby coming which will give Brett and I some one on one time and then him time to start his new school without the baby around. It will also give me some time to sleep. I am so tired these days so while he is in preschool I will get some rest. If the baby comes early I will have to have a few back up plans depending on how early it is. Weber State’s graduation is April 23rd. So starting April 26th Justin will be home until Mid August. Mid august we will have to figure out Brett’s schedule with kindergarten and find him and the baby a day care.
Brett is getting more and more use to the idea of having a baby. Yesterday he was giggling that there is only 1 girl in our family and there will be 4 boys (including the dog). For the most part he really wants to help out as we have been finishing the nursery. But then when you try to ask him a question he wont talk about it. Yesterday he asked me to open my mouth so he could talk to the baby and instead of talking he pretended to burp on him. He also got a little jealous yesterday about a blanket. My mom found some fleece material in puppy dogs and cut out some blankets. Brett is a softy when it comes to a soft blanket and he couldn’t understand why the baby needed such big blankets and his blankets were smaller. So he negotiated a trade of his baby blanket that was much smaller (baby sized)for the larger blanket (brett sized). For the time being this will be okay but I just see this as a sign of things to come.
Now if any of you could just figure out how to speed up time I will be greatly appreciative. Then make it go really slow starting February 26th.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I think Brett will benefit to stay home for awhile! My 4 year old is always talking about how I am the only girl in a house of 4 boys!

morgan said...

Wow, those are some changes! I bet Brett will love being home! I love how organized you are...I'm totally jealous! Good luck with everything! I can't believe your due date is coming already! I bet it hasn't gone by as fast for you! :) Let us know if you decide on a name!