Sunday, March 7, 2010

Caleb is now 3 days old. He is sporting all his Weber Gear!



Brett, Caleb and Cousins Aleck and Jace.


So far Caleb has been an angel of a baby. He sleeps an awful lot. Yesterday he slept all day long. Caleb was only awake around 430 in the morning. He is a very quiet baby and just squeaks a lot. We have heard his cry only a handful of times.

I had a few questions about his birth. I dont want to gross anyone out with details so I will just sum it up quickly. We went to the hospital at 7 am to be induced. The dr. came to break my water at 830 but there was a complication with how the water was sitting and a blood vessel that connected to Caleb. If they broke that it would be emergency surgery. So we just waited and waited to see if it moved. It never did. I had an epidural that was way to strong,then had them take it down a little my blood pressure crashed and I felt light headed. Finally they got a 2nd opinion and this dr. was able to very painfully break my water around 330. At that point I was in horrible pain and had to get my epidural turned back up and then I couldnt feel anything including my hands but yet I could still feel the pain I was trying to get rid of. So while I was so numb I couldnt move my legs or hands I was still in crazy pain. I called the nurse in 20 minutes later and it was time to push. The dr. came in and said the baby was face up and not moving so he went to the room next door who was also ready to push. The nurse worked with me for one push and Caleb flipped right over as soon as the dr. left and she had to send someone back to get him. A few minutes later he was here. So I had only about 2 hours of really active labor and only about 7 or 8 pushes. All it was more painful than I would have liked, and a little longer but Caleb got here safely and thats all that matters.

Brett has been an awesome big brother so far. He has been in time out a few times but with all the visitors and things going on we could not have asked for a better big brother. He is becoming a big brother on his own time frame. You cant push him into it but when we are not pushing he wants to hold him and love him.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

It's always so nice when its all over and you have that baby in your arms! He is so cute! Just let Brett keep loving and kissin on his new brother and they will form a bond and be the best of friends!

Penny said...

We just got home from Cali and I had to turn the computer on first thing to see if you posted. Congrats and he is beautiful. Does he look like Brett? You need to post of picture of the two of them and let us see.

Andrea B. said...

Wow, never like the labor stuff, but glad that in the end, all was well. Congrats!!!