Saturday, November 14, 2009

Sick/Art Area/1st fun snowfall

Well I think we are almost over this whole sick business. We took this weekend off to just relax around the house and get to 100%. Brett has been better for quite some time. Justin and I are about 90% now. We both ended up with Pneumonia but just have a cough now. Its been a rough 3 weeks. I think if we take it easy this weekend by next week we should be okay. On top of being sick Justin had very sad news as one of the professors in his department- Dr. Bob Summers passed away last weekend due to a sudden heart attack. Dr. Bob was Justin's favorite professor when he was a student at Weber 12 years ago and also now a colleague. Instead of a funeral he had a celebration of life at the billiard hall at Weber state. Both justin and I agree thats the way to have it. People were sad but it wasnt like a regular funeral where everyone was just crying. They had a slide show of him and people were talking about good memories.

Brett has been better for a while but with all this Dr. business he has been playing Dr. a lot lately. I can not even tell you how many times we have been to the Dr. lately. The funniest thing was when Brett told me to go and check the sick bear and then hide. I hide and then he just kept hiding. I asked what he was doing and he said he was the Dr. so he had to make them wait before he could walk in. Its pretty sad when a 4 year old can pick up on something like that enough to put it in their play.


The computer in brett's room finally gave out and Brett is so good on the computer now his daddy isnt nervous to have him use his Mac. So we took out the computer and made a little art area for coloring and work books. Brett has been having fun coloring there.



Today we had the first big snow fall. It was very windy and cold but Brett and his buddy Seth had a fun time out in the wind.



The best part was coming in for hot chocolate. Who knew that if you hid 6 cherry's under the whipping cream that you could keep 2 boys happy for an hour.

No comments: