Oak Alley Plantation. We went on a 4 hour tour on a bus to a final destination of a plantation. It was a great trip all together. We got to see alot of new orleans and the outter areas, we drove by cemetaries, swamps, bayous, etc. The plantation was amazing. It was not as big as I would have imagined but impressive. This history there is amazing.
We didnt dare go out to late on New years, there were parties going on everywhere. We stayed out until around 10 and went to the rooms. We were very lucky that right out of our Window lay the Mississippi River! We could see the entire fireworks show like it was being put on just for us. (Justin slept right through it)
We ate dinner the first night on Burbon Street. Yes we went after dark.... It was not as bad as I expected, but still not a place I would want to be on mardi gras. We had a great meal on a 2nd story balcony overlooking the street. It was very dirty and I wouldnt want to touch anything around it but it was not as scary as I thought. There are some pretty risque pictures around, live music, and lots of drinking but it was mainly full of football fans so not a real bad crowd.
I talked mom into going on a haunted history tour! We went at night and I can report we did not see a ghost, however someone in our group thought they got a picture of one.
We ate great while we were there- Jumbalaya, PoBoys, Greenbeans, Steak, Shrimp, etc..... The only thing we didnt have is a Bignet which they are famous for.
No comments:
Post a Comment