Unbeknown to us while we were cheering on the Utah Utes in warm New Orleans, Justins dad was missing, and spending a very cold night on a moutain top.
Clip from Channel 4
In Fairview Canyon it took a snow cat to get to the stranded snowmobiler.
A 58-year old man survived the temperatures which settled in the teens overnight.
“Lessons learned,” said the snowmobiler named Steve. He didn’t want to disclose his last name.
Authoraities said he was snowmobiling with others in along the Utah and Sanpete County border.
He took a different route and got stuck.
"I just made a big mistake headed down a road that I had traveled 50 times and got lost,” he said. “I was just going in circles and ran into a hole that I couldn't see."
But to his credit he stayed put, had warm clothes and this morning a search plane spotted him.
“I hunkered out there last night and that's why I made it here,” he said.
We didnt learn of the fact that Steve did not return that night until the next morning. We were in Denver and felt horrible we could not do anything. About an hour after we found out he was found! I can not tell you the emotions that went through our heads! We are so happy he is home. Its horrible he got lost but the good thing is that he is a smart person, he had on the right gear, stayed with his sled, had a beacon, and dug himself a snow hole! Thank goodness he kept it together and is now safe and sound. When he was found the first thing he made sure is that his family knew he was okay, said he was hungry and wanted to know if the Utes won! A huge thanks to the Search and Rescue team and his friends who helped find him.
October 2013 Paw Print
12 years ago
2 comments:
Wow - three people on snowmobiles got lost that weekend. Everyone said how important it was to be prepared!!!
Wow I am so glad he made out safe. Thank goodness he was prepared and knew how to take care of himself. If that were me I wouldn't have made it! It looks like you had a great time at the game. Im jealous you got some nice weather. I didn't get to see the game I had to work, but Tennille kept texting me and so did my sister about the game!
Post a Comment