Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The Good Ole Days

Do you remember how fun it was to be a kid. Nothing to worry about, and playing all the time. Brett had a really good day at school on monday (knock on wood) I asked him if he would like to go celebrate and go out to Burger King and play on the playground. He said no he wanted to go home and have Seth eat dinner over for his celebration (a little weird I thought). Anyway they had mac n cheese, yogurt and applesauce and a great old time.

Brett had a rough week at school the week before, this week has been okay so far. he just finished another sticker chart and now we are starting a ball thing. He is going to start loosing balls if he hits or kicks. Right now he is having issues when he is not first in line. He loves to be first in line and be the line leader. When he doesnt get to he has a fit. So at home right now we have to make sure he is not always first. I hate acting like a 3 year old but sometimes we have to win races and such.


I loved lincoln logs as a kid. They were the coolest. Brett likes them but I must admit I think I am enjoying his santa gift a bit more than him.

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

i'm excited about this: we recently switched disciplinary tactics from putting henry in timeout to putting his toys in timeout. when he makes a bad choice, doesn't listen, doesn't cooperate, etc, we put a toy into a timeout bag on a very high shelf in the toy closet. toys are in timeout indefinitely. he has to earn them back by making good choices, listening, picking up his toys, doing things the first time he's asked, etc. it's made much more of an impact than putting him physically in timeout and it's great because henry gets rewarded for good behavior without having to buy him new shtuff.