As we were leaving they said if we rush we might catch Santa in the parking lot. We drove around the hospital as fast as we could. I saw a reindeer being loaded up and luckily santa was still there but leaving. We rushed out of the car into the snow to catch him. He got a hug and got to see Santa but silly mommy left the camera which was there in the car. It would have been the most adorable picture. they were in falling snow on a sleigh and brett was smiling so big! I cant believe I did it but since they were packing up I didnt have time to grab the camera.
Brett is getting so big it amazes me. He has such a fun and challenging personality. I have to tell you Saturday was one of those challenging days. Coming home from the hospital class in Layton all the way to West Haven should only take 15 minutes. Due to the weather it took over 1 hour and 30 minutes. We just creeped home behind a truck salting the road. We even got to see Santa driving by on a fire truck. He said "wow he is fast" since we had just left the other santa at the hospital. I cant tell you how many accidents I saw. Brett was miserable. He had a good nap but then later on we took him to the grocery store. Justin, I and Brett let me just say no matter how bad my back hurts and I like the help Justin offers Brett is staying home from now on. He cried the whole time about how we got all the food we wanted and Brett didnt get any. He was even mad that we bought the dog 2 bones. While we were there we ran into someone from the day care who told Justin "We always know when Brett is mad... he is so loud the whole school knows".... nice reputation to have.......
Brett took a picture of me. I really hate having pictures of myself on the blog but as far as memories go I guess I better throw one in here very once in a while so Brett remembers his mom.
For Christmas each year for neighbors I have always just gave them store bought cookies. This year my mom gave me an idea to do our homemade maple syrup in cute bottles. Justins mom taught me how to make it. Its super easy and so good I cant even eat the store bought stuff anymore. I thought they turned out cute. I have only made the first 4 so far but I really liked the way it turned out and it actually looks like I took the time to make something homemade. In all it costs less than $1.50 per bottle and only around 15 minutes to make 4.
2 comments:
What a cute gift idea. I loved it and also want the recipe. I think the sibling class is a great idea. Wish they had those around when I was having kids.
post the recipe please!
ps like your jacket in that picture.
Post a Comment