Sunday, December 20, 2009

Fun Weekend

Our weekend sort of went a little crazier than anticipated. But even with the craziness it was a very nice family weekend.

To start if off my parents came up to visit. Since we are converting our extra bedroom into a nursery we didnt have an extra bed anymore. They had a sofa sleeper in their basement and brought it up for us so we still have an extra bed if needed. We also went out to a yummy yummy Texas Roadhouse dinner and exchanged presents. One of the presents I got was an electric can opener. Justin and I have been married 12 years and he thinks electric can openers are for the birds and that hand openers are fine. The only way I would ever get one is for a present from someone other than justin. So my parents gave me one!!!! Anyway when I went grocery shopping sunday I bought lots of cans that needed opening!!!! I also got a Snuggie type blanket with Arms. It is the softest thing in the world! Brett keeps stealing it from me. So here is Brett and I on the new sofa pull out watching G force- notice I am in his spider man blanket and he is in my snuggie! My mom and dad spoiled us again! Thank you for everything!



The other thing that happened this weekend was that with the new couch coming we decided to sell our old couches on KSL. Justin had an idea to put both sets out there and see what happened. On Saturday morning we had 3 people come and look and sold both sets. So now we have a sofa sleeper upstairs but nothing in our front room. Earlier in the week Justin sold a gun on KSL as well. So put the 3 sales together and boom I GET NEW COUCHES!!!!!! I can never doubt jusitn's love for me knowing he sold a gun so I could have new couches! He has always hated our couches downstairs because he actually ordered a different couch and while he was away elk hunting I decided I hated them and got different ones instead but for over 10 years we have enjoyed them. They guy who bought the couches was a very chatty fellow who spent 3 hours just sitting on the couch seeing if he liked it and talking to Justin about football. He was an engineer as well who shared Justins exact feelings on almost all football things. It was a very long sell. After he finally left we ran to a store and found a set via picture that we really liked and were on a good sale- but only until 6 pm (it was 430). We wanted to go look at others so we drove down to Ashley Furniture in a hurry to decide what to do. On the way there traffic was awful. We figured road construction but finally found out it was an overturned semi truck with onions spilling all over. Let me just say as a pregnant person the smell was over whelming. We got to Ashley and had only like 20 minutes to look and finally left and made a call to buy the set from the other place for a great price. I really hope its comfy. Bad news is that we wont have a couch until the week of January 11th. So Christmas morning we will all be on the floor!!! Brett and the dog are enjoying the extra running room. Its going to be weird we got really dark brown leather couches so its going to be a huge difference.


Sunday Brett and I put icing on Christmas Cookies, put together puzzles, went for 2 bear hunts, and just had a blast.



This just made me laugh a little. Today I made home made manicotti. It is the only thing that I can make from scratch that is just wonderful. Justin and I love it. Its not too hard to make but takes a ton of time. So after all is said and done- Brett still prefers Ravioli out of a can.... Silly Kid!

3 comments:

morgan said...

Yay for new couches! That's funny it took the guy 3 hours to buy them!!! And I love the picture of your dinners! Haha!

greenreddew said...

my mom makes Manicotti from scratch. The first time Jameson had it, he told me it didnt tastes right. So i asked him how his mom/step mom makes it and told me she just uses pasta from the store. i was like um yeah that is why since my mom makes the shells.

Penny said...

I am with Justin on his opinion of can openers. I hate electric can openers. I love being able to just throw it in the drawer and not have to look at it on my counter. I am weird I know. I keep trying to sell Adam on KSL but not one taker yet, you are lucky you are batting 100.