Thursday, October 4, 2007

Weekend Get-Away

Last weekend Justin, Brett and I went to Fish Lake. It was beautiful. I haven’t had a chance to download pictures yet. Saturday the weather was very windy and then it snowed. We tried to fish but every time they cast out the line it ended up on the bank next to us. It was just too windy. Brett got to throw a few rocks in the lake and he was happy but it was just too cold. The rest of the day we got to enjoy inside the cabin with the curtains open and just looking out at the falling snow. It was very windy but once you are inside the cabin it really was beautiful. Yia Yia and Papou came to visit as well so Brett was excited.

Sunday Brett was tired and we needed to go to a gas station so we started driving. The next thing you knew we were in Capital Reef National Park. Brett was still asleep and we didn’t want to wake him so we drove though. It was a beautiful day. Nice and cool with blue skies. Not to many people around. I have lived in Utah all my life and never been there. I am definitely thinking it will be a good ride for the Harley (estimated deliver date of October 19). Brett woke up on the way back and we got out a little but he was still in his PJ’s and no shoes since we hadn’t planned on ending up there. I put some pictures on of things we saw but these were not my pictures. I haven’t downloaded them yet.





While we had a nice time at Fish Lake sleeping was not one the agenda for the weekend. We brought Brett’s portable crib and it was way too small. Not sure when that happened exactly but it broke my heart to see him in there all scrunched up. So we ended up having him sleep with us one night and that was a joke. Brett sleeps in every direction except the normal way. He kicked us all night. The next day we brought down a twin for him to sleep on the floor with and that did not work either. I laid down with him and just thought it was fun to have mommy in bed with him and just kept playing. He tucked me in and kissed me goodnight then he would get up and put his mouth next to my ear and scream. Thank goodness for Yia Yia and Papou rocking him all night. The next night he feel asleep in the crib we moved him to the twin and then about midnight I ended up down there with him getting kicked. I kept trying to get up but every time I did he would reach out and touch my face. So we slept there until about 6 am and then he was up. He got a 3 hour nap on the car ride home which was well needed. Mommy and Daddy were still tired.

1 comment:

Andrea B. said...

I love the pictures it was a nice reminder of how beautiful Capitol Reef is. It was fun to hear your sleeping stories (because it didn't happen to me). Sorry, that you had to deal with it, though.