Thursday, October 4, 2007

What a Night…..

Last night was horrible. It started when I picked up Brett at school. He wanted to doddle and I was trying to get him in his car seat. I try and let him be independent but geez, sometimes it is time to go. He threw the absolute biggest tantrum ever. He went stiff and just wailed. It took me 30 minutes to get him strapped in. He kept going the entire way home and then when we got home I put him in time out. He kept going. It was horrible. I had to take the garbage out to have silence. Anyway, I was a bad mom and told him he needed to shut up……This was after I tried everything else. I didn’t say it mean or anything. ( I know everyone has lost all respect for me now, I feel horrible) He didn’t listen obviously but later after he calmed down guess what he started to say. Yep, you guessed it “shut up” I feel horrible. It wasn’t the right thing to say anyway but now I will never forget it. So once this was over and I got him watching a TV show I burnt my arm with steam from mashed potatoes. This is why I normally don’t cook. It is bright red, not peeling or anything but very painful. Justin was teaching so I had to give him a bath while I was in pain. He wouldn’t let me take his shirt off and I couldn’t fight with him so he had his bath in his t-shirt. After he agreed to get out I did get his PJ’s on.

I am really hoping tonight is better. I have my purse armed with suckers to bribe him in his car seat so that we don’t go through that again.

Uuuggghhhh.

1 comment:

Andrea B. said...

Wow- that is a rough night. And no, no one has lost respect for you. It is totally okay to lose your cool on occasion. And I can tell you that I have done the same. Although I try really hard not to say "shut up". I have before. That is just the way it goes sometimes.