

The car in the top picture is not ours…. but similar. Our Buick is not quite as shiny. The picture with Brett, is him sitting on the hood of the Buick getting ready to watch a movie at the Drive In. Anyway to make a long story short we are finally getting rid of the Buick.
I need to start out by defending the Buick by saying that since we got it in 2002 or 2003 (I think). It has been a good car. It has been reliable for the most part and has gotten us from point a to b without a problem for 4-5 years. It has plush maroon seats and the air conditioning works most of the time. Brett also loves the red car. The Buick has taken us to countless drive in movies and has foot prints on windshield and popcorn in every crook and crany because of it. I will always have fond memories of the Buick……
However, I am so happy to see it go. The Buick is a representation of a pretty tough time in our lives. Justin and I both got laid off in the same time period. I can still remember my parents driving up in the Buick they got from Basso’s in Price and then driving away in my beautiful electric blue Mustang to give to Basso’s to sell. I know that it’s a pretty vain thing to be so upset about a car but that was very hard. I loved that mustang.
As stated above the Buick filled our needs for the last few years but saying goodbye to it seems like we are finally shutting the door on a book. But I must say that even though lay offs and everything were hard, the last five years have really shaped where we are now, and I like where we are now…. Justin is getting his PhD, we had our son Brett, etc.
I told Brett last night as we were cleaning out all our stuff that we were going to not have the red car anymore. He said he wanted the red car to play in. I truly believe that by the time he is 16 that Buick will still be running. So in 14 years from now if he doesn’t have a car he is going to be ticked we got rid of it.
So while I am ecstatic to get rid of the Buick, it is shutting a chapter of a book that was worth the read.
1 comment:
It's nice that you can say good things about the Buick. And that you can now say goodbye to that chapter of your life. What are you getting?
Post a Comment