Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Why having a boy is so awesome!

So I know that I have been a little negative about having a boy. I know I have been this way due to our recent stress with Brett and his school (Brett has his full psych eval tomorrow). So I am going to get on this boy bandwagon knowing that things can be different and that even with all the stress we have had Brett is worth every minute of it. Brett is a great kid and I love him a ton another boy will be awesome. So here is my top list of why having a boy is so awesome!!!

1. I wont have to deal with hair/bows. I barley even take the time to brush mine, so if I had a little girl they would look like fire starter.

2. No having to explain and deal with menstruation.

3. In a perfect world- we get the cheaper half of the wedding.

4. No Barbies!!!!!!!! I had enough of those as a kid to last my entire life.

5. Brett already has ever superhero known to man so I wont need to buy that many toys for the preschool age.

6. Handmedowns (starting at age 3). I already have a bike, scooter, etc.

7. Teenage drama! Boys have it too but I dont think they hold a grudge as much as girls do.

8. Brett wants a boy! He thinks girls are silly and boys are cool because they can swim (4 year old reasoning)

9. No Glass Ceiling.


Feel free to add more to comments.

4 comments:

Chelsea said...

i think one of the coolest thing about 2 boys is having them joined at the hip. if one of them is gone, they're constantly asking about the other. i anticipate it being that way for the rest of their life. my bro & i are two years apart and were inseperable as kids but i relate more now to my sister, so my logical conclusions lead me to believe my boys will always be tight.

Rachel said...

Having two boys in a row is great. They are such good friends. Coy is now 4 and dax is 2. They play so well together. I love to watch them. I have to admit I was a bit bummed when I found out with my third pregnancy we were expecting a boy again. My heart was set on a girl. So I reasoned with it too. Boys are just great! You'll love it!

Penny said...

And there is nothing quit as thrilling to a mothers heart to watch her young boys turn into great men. When Brett is 17 you will know what I mean. The way a boy loves his mom is the best kinda love there is. Congrats to you.

Penny said...

And there is nothing quite as thrilling to a mothers heart as to watch her young boys turn into great men. When Brett is 17 you will know what I mean. The way a boy loves his mom is the best kinda love there is. Congrats to you.