Sunday, May 10, 2009

42,000 Pounds of Slag

I never in a million years would guess that I would be able to comprehend how much 42k pounds was. Well today, mothers day I learned! (Just FYI I had a great mothers day Saturday- had some people come over to clean my house while I played with Brett, then went for girls night out to dinner and a movie)

Sunday at 1 pm we had 21 tons of slag delivered to put in the yard. I have to admit I was excited to be at this point where we could do this work but I really had no idea what I was in for. When I saw the semi truck pull up with the Slag I knew it was going to be a LONG day.



Brett was a great helper for a few minutes! He got side tracked in a few minutes and through out the day was having a hard time understanding why no one would play with him.


We got the parking strips done in about 3 hours. We had a really nice neighbor who we barley know come over to help for a while. That was awesome. I need to make him cookies or something.


Break time


I step in mud everytime I take cody out of his kennel so this was very important for me to have done. This was the last project of the day. WE got done at 745 pm


The happiest point of the day when we were finally wrapping up. Our neighbor accross the street who is Seth's dad was a huge help as we used his wheelbarrow and lawn mower to move rock


Our house finally is starting to look like it has a yard. We are getting closer I can feel it!


I wish to tell you that I was done moving slag but nope, we still have about 4k pds left over to move! We are trying to figure out exactly where they go! I am sore, sunburnt and tired.