Justin had his Dr. appointment today to follow up with the first surgeon from his original surgery. He was a little surprised to see Justin without a tube sticking out of him and an open hole in his stomach. Anyway he took all the packing out of the wound and everything seemed to be okay. When he was taking the packing out it was amazing how much there was. Justin said it looked like he was taking out his intestines. Then he stuck a q-tip in there about 1.5 inches to clean. The last step was some more gauze that must be left in there. when Justin went to stand up he was so queasy from seeing the blood and smelling peroxide he had to take a moment to lay down so he didn't pass out. After a few minutes he was on his way home.
Justin has been working since yesterday. He probably shouldn't be but he is pretty stubborn. I can tell he is happy to be working though. He is walking around like an old man hunched over but its better than being bed ridden.
Brett and I are doing well. We are hoping this will be the first weekend in a while that wont have to be spent in a hospital. I think we are finally on the downhill side of this thing.
Our biggest challenge is that for the next few weeks I am going to have to do a daily ritual of cleaning out this wound.
October 2013 Paw Print
12 years ago
2 comments:
Wow it sounds like its a very deep wound. I hope you can stomach it when you have to change it every day. I hope he recovers fast! Oh yeah sorry I stole the same background as yours!! I guess we have the same taste!!
Well, it looks like things have gotten better. Now, you just have to hope that they get better for good. Yuck, I don't think I could clean out the wound - good luck with that!
Post a Comment