Friday, March 23, 2007

Week 1 Boot Camp: Hell Week

Day 1, Monday- Monday was absolutely horrible. It was a million times worse than I had expected. It was not only physical but very emotionally exhausting. Wearing a 30 pound vest for a 1 hour work out when I have not worked out in a long time was grueling. Then on top of that they were shouting in my face and calling names….. I wont bring those up as they are probably not appropriate for print. At the beginning they took my food list and made me do 10 pushups for every bad thing I ate (according to them). This included pushups for milk, cheese, taco bell, every soda, and 1 push up for every chip in the nachos I had. OUCH! I hurt so bad the first day. I cried in the middle of it and the cried for about 2 hours when I got home. I wish I could say I was making it up but I truly broke down for about 2 hours. Then I didn’t sleep at all because even with all the ibprophine (sp?) I took I still ached.

Day 2, Tuesday- Was a very hard work out but not as emotional as day 1. I didn’t break down or cry. It was sore as heck when I left. No tears and I sleep like a baby that night until Brett got up with the stomach flu. It was very hard because he just wanted to be held the entire time and I was sore. We made it through the night. I was with a different group this time. A group that I will be with for the whole 6 weeks. I was happy it wasn’t the group who saw me cry. They were very supportive but how embarrassing.

Day 3, Wednesday- Again a very hard work out but not as emotional. I was tired from being up with Brett the night before. They had me on a steep incline on the treadmill and then you have to jump off and lift weights. I did not think I was going to make the last 10 minutes. That vest really makes an incline hard. Thank goodness my mom spent the night and was there to help give Brett a bath. It hurt to bend over.

Day 4, Thursday- Paradise. They were very easy on me on Thursday. Little did I know that it was because they were planning to kill me on Friday. I made it through the work out with no problem. I spent most of my time on the treadmill with no incline memorizing the cadences for the following morning. The others in the group warned me to know them by heart. It took my mind off the work out and for the last 10 minutes I got to stretch. It was wonderful. I could handle it if every day was like that.

Day 5, Friday- Hell! On Fridays you go to a high school football field at 6 am. Okay so the 6 am thing was the first part of hell. Then you had to run in formation for 2 laps. That ½ mile of running with a 30 pound vest on. I had to fall out of formation but thank goodness I wasn’t the first. Then we ran bleachers. Up one side, across the field up the other side and back and forth. These were not the bleachers at Carbon high were I went to school These were huge. I finally got down the length of the football field and found out we had to go back the other way. I was in tears again at this point with the instructor yelling in my face. Two guys from my class who have been in it for over 1 year were very encouraging and made some small talk with me through it. That helped. Then we ran up “a**” hill you have to run straight up and then down the bleachers 10 times. From there it was sit ups on the hill. These two really nice guys from my group helped me finish. I figure that I did pretty good by not giving up. One girl quit ½ through the first part of bleachers. She just disappeared. Also I was not the last one done (okay so 2nd to last but still!). So I graduated from Hell Week. Next week I get to do it all over again but without the face paint, the vest and there will still be some yelling but nothing like this week. So I have finished 1 week out of 6! The worst week.

Okay so that was really long winded….. Tomorrow I will post some fun pictures of Brett and Mommy at swimming lessons.

1 comment:

Andrea B. said...

WAY TO GO!!! You should be really proud of yourself. And don't worry, I would have cried too. I can't believe they make you do the first week with an extra 30 pounds. You're awesome!!!!