Brett is doing so well in karate. So far he has had a blocking class and a kicking class. He was having a bit of a hard time with the side kick but Master Hugh was so good with working with him. Brett is by far the youngest in the class. He can keep up with the older kids but luckily the instructor understands that for a 4 year old counting to 10 is easy but to say 1 sir 2 sir 3 sir etc is hard because its messing up what he practices every day at school so he kind of lets him off the hook with that to just count. I have been impressed at how well he seems to understand the differences in 4 year olds and 6 year old. Yesterday at the end of class he wanted them to get a stripe opportunity so he brought out a board to break in half. Of course its not a real board but for a 4 year old it was pretty darn cool. He said Hiya and did a hammer fist and snap right in half. He was so proud!
So I really dont want to jinx it but 4 good days in school so far in a row! His teachers are just amazed and mentioned it almost like having a new kid in class. He has talked about his karate but not done anything except for the line "Stop I dont want to fight" which was the very first thing he learned. His rewards so far... Friday- Battle Cats, Monday- 4 wheeler, Tuesday- to be able to watch Scooby do/ Play Mad Scientist/ Wednesday- Track and cars/Paint his finger nails..... Jusitn was not to happy with the finger/toe nails but heck what an easy reward. Brett has 1 purple hand/food and 1 blue hand/foot.
Well we are off to Oregon on Saturday. The weather there is a little drizzly and cool but we are looking forward to relaxing. The drive is going to be the toughest part but I am looking forward to taking Brett and our dog cody ot the beach. I guess its very dog friendly there. Brett has a shovel and pail to build sand castles and a noodle for the indoor swimming pool. Other than hanging at the beach to build castles and watch surfers we really dont have any plans. This is the type of trip we really need. Usually I plan every minute of every day on a trip but on this one the point is to relax so thats whats planned.
1 comment:
Glad Brett is doing well. I hope you have an awesome, relaxing trip.
Post a Comment