Sunday, June 14, 2009

Rollercoaster ride.

Just a little update since the last post. We have had good and bad since the toy incident. Brett had a good day at school ath Friday and got his He Man Battle Cats back. He was very excited and proud. he also found a motorcycle in his closet we missed and was honest about it so we let him keep it. But since then he has lost his motorcycle, night light and Airplane Blankie. There has been really really good moments where he says "mom, I made a good choice" and then other moments where he hits and kicks and tells me no. Really what it comes down to is that he wants to rule the world (at least our little world). He thinks he should make all the decisions and he is only 4. So we will keep working on this. The other thing is that he wants adult interaction at all times. That makes it tough. I think thats one reason he acts out at school is to get more attention from adults. This one is going to be harder to work on especially with our 8 day trip to Oregon coming up next week. This will throw us all off our schedules. We agreed to still go but will continue being strict. I must admit that I am so emotionally drained by this experience I can not concentrate on anything- also I got a cold sore. I only get those when I am extremely stressed. Justin is in Texas until Wednesday night so I am going it alone right now. I am the softy so I am just trying my hardest to be tough. I am really hoping and wishing that Monday he has a good day at school.

Brett is also a little smarter than we think he is. Even without toys he seems to have life figured out enough to know that you dont have to have toys to have things to play with. The bean bag, dishes in the sink, laundry baskets and blankets can pretty much keep him happy for a long time.

Friday I took him to Tai Kwan Do (sp?). The owner said 4 year olds have to try out. Brett was very nervous, biting his nails (just like his daddy) and went out on the matts. He did all the actions but when the man asked him to repeat the words he said "NO". End of lesson- he said you can try out again Monday but cant stay for the class. Brett was devastated but a good lesson learned. Brett says he wants to try again and will say the words. He has been practicing- up block sir and down block sir. So we have another try out on Monday at 3:50. The owner indicated he can try out as many times as it takes and thinks he will do fine but saying no isnt an option.


Our little Angel.


missing toys.



Dentist- Oh another update. We all went to the dentist this last week. Brett and I go every 6 months Justin hasnt been for 8 years. Of course- as always- I am the only one with a cavity. Brett did great at the dentist.

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

makes you wonder who the toys are for--the parents or the kids, huh? i love to buy new toys but really, we have at least twice as much as we need and there's always another birthday or holiday rolling around that causes everyone to buy more toys. i'm trying to get rid of all i can.

anyway, hang in there. you're doing great!