Friday, April 4, 2008

Dr. Justin Jackson

Justin officially passed his dissertation defense today!!!!! Talk about a lot of stress. Justin and I have been married for over 10 years (September makes 11) and in those 10 years I have seen him nervous but never like this. Let me just say he rocked!!! He was awesome. I got to watch during the presentation and he was totally the smartest man I have ever meet. When the committee asked questions he answered. It was so neat. Then they kicked everyone out of the room but Justin and continued to grill him. Then he got kicked out while they decided. It was the last 2.5 hours of our lives but he passed!!!! So he still has to make revisions on the written paper to finalize this but pretty darn soon it will be official. Dr. Justin Jackson. CONGRATS Honey!
Here is an old picture of us, its the only one I could find of him on this computer. I just want to say how proud I am of Justin. He did all of this in the midst of buying a house and having a major computer crash just during the critical time, while teaching a full load. You rock Dr. J.

2 comments:

Andrea B. said...

Wow!!! Way to go!!! I think the Ph.D. thing has just got to be the worst thing you choose to do. My boss calls it "passing a mental kidney stone".

Mom&Dad said...

Congrats Justin, we are very proud of you. Love you Mom and Dad - In-laws