Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Butterflies/End of Kindergarten

For Brett's birthday this year, he wanted the Live Butterfly Garden they advertise for on Cartoon Network all the time. You get a little net bag and then you send off for mail order caterpillars. Then you watch them grow each day until they for chrysalids (sp?). Then they hatch into butterflies. Due to the fact that I can not grow a plant to save my life I figured this would never work. But of course now I have creepy crawly flying butterflies hatching. Its really kind of gross. It was easier than you think. Hard to get a good picture but there are these hard little shells with butterflies popping out and blood that goes along with it. ICKY!!!!



I just have to brag about my little Brett! I am not allowed to call him a baby anymore. He tells me he is a Kid and I cant call him baby. I always call him that. Anyway his final report card came home today for the kindergarten year. He got straight 4's for the entire year!!! What a good kid. He never got in trouble in kindergarten once (knock on wood there is one week left). His teacher is awesome and Brett loves to learn.

No comments: