Thursday, July 22, 2010

Wednesday/Thursday

Wednesday I had a very nice relaxing day. Brett, Caleb and I stayed around the condo most of the day. Justin went fly fishing with his dad, brothers and sister in law. The condo did an arts project for kids that brett loved. Later that night we went to the Rocky Mountain Wildlife Park. Brett got to feed a donkey, goat, and rabbit. (I also feed them all). All the animals there were rescued and we showed up in time to watch them feed each animal. They had bear, coyotes, cougars, wolves, etc. It was a fun experience and Brett said he wants to go back. Brett and I also went swimming again that night.

After all that Justin and I went to eat at a place on the river. we didnt realize they were closing at the time we showed up. They served us anyway. We were there by the river alone. Lights, moonlight, great food and great company. It felt like the night was set up just for me. We had a wait staff just taking care of us. Justin ordered a 16 oz prime rib. Since it was the end of the night they were very generous and he got probably around a 28 to 32 oz prime rib. It made me laugh because it reminded me of the "old 96er" on the great out doors when it arrived. My 14 oz ribeye paled in comparison.

Thursday we went for a very long drive. We started at 8 am and went to Durango Mountain Resort. It was raining so the alpine slide was closed. From there we went to silverton and had lunch. Then we went on a tour of the goal mine. We got to take a ride into a mountain which brett loved. After that we went on a 4-wheeling adventure. We went from Silverton to Lake City via the Cinnamon Pass which is 12620 feet above sea level. It was a very long day, we did not get back to the condo until 730 but it was a blast. We saw some of the most beautiful country in the world! Brett and Caleb were troopers for the entire drive! It was one of the most fun days I have had with our family of 4 and our extended family! About an hour before we got back we were all so tired but we made it home. I say it was a successful trip. we came back and watched Great outdoors. Friday is our last day here and I am hoping its a relaxing one.

No comments: