Sunday, September 20, 2009

Wonderful Weekend!

This weekend was very nice. The only thing that was missing was Justin. He was out scouting for the deer hunt. Its too bad he missed such a nice weekend. When I picked up Brett on Friday he had a good day. We had talked about going to a movie when daddy was out of town. I was thinking Saturday but he said he really wanted to go Friday. I said "how come?" he said because we still need to celebrate your birthday. How could I say no. we went and saw Cloudy with a chance of meatballs which I must say I enjoyed. He was so good throughout. After we bought a pizza and ate it outside of the theaters. It was great weather and downtown was just humming with people. Downtown Ogden is really turning into a nice place. We watched lots of people while we ate and then went over to hydro flow to watch the indoor surfers through the window. I must say that looked painful. Brett wanted to see a successful rider and I must say it took some time. It was just the best night with Brett.

Saturday we went to his soccer game. I got another great video of him making a goal but I hit the wrong button and deleted it. He had a good time- his team got killed if you they kept score but since they dont everyone just had a good time. Even the boys who scored for the other team. Brett once again was the only one injured in the game. I figure he get hurt because he is always in the middle of everything. Once he gets hurt he cant wait to get right back in. he played hard and had fun. After he played on the playground and got icecream.

The only problem with the weekend was that Brett didnt want a nap saturday. He took his 2 hours of quiet time but he never slept and he really needed too. After he woke up his friend wanted to play (okay so he rang the door bell 6 times during nap- that could have been part of the problem). Within 20 minutes they were fighting and calling each other idiots, etc. My mom had called and asked me to come down to Salt Lake if we were up to it. Listening to them fight was a good reason to leave. Also the Utes were getting pummeled. So we drove down during half time. The good news is the Utes did come back from being totally killed but they still lost. The only saving grace for the day was that BYU lost as well. I know thats sad but I must say it made me feel a little better. Down in Salt Lake Brett got to play with Jace. They played so well together. No fights at all. they got a little restless at Chili's but we all did.

Sunday Brett went to a birthday party at Chuck e Cheese. he had fun but he and Seth barley spoke a word (it was seth's party). I think they were both still a little miffed from the day before. Then when we got home Daddy was home. We all took a nap and they played Lego Star Wars, then watched Star wars and now are playing again. Brett is in heaven. I just dont get his love for Star Wars. I think its boring but Brett has now watched all 6 movies. Because of all this time off I got to finish The Lost Symbol Dan Browns new book. I enjoyed it very much. I thought the ending dragged a little but overall I enjoyed it. I hope he doesnt wait 6 years to write another one.

Well I guess that means its almost Monday. Time to go back to work for the week. I am outta vacation officially until October 1st and even then I have to save some up for time I will need off in March!

3 comments:

Andrea B. said...

Glad things went well with Brett!!! I always dread being home alone with the kids. Ashton is totally into Star Wars as well - it must be a boy thing!

morgan said...

How fun! I can't wait until Brielle wants to go on dates with me! Happy late birthday!

Rachel said...

Sounds like a over-all fun weekend! star wars.... I just don't get it. Cody and the boys love it too.