Brett is having a rough time right now. We thought everything was going very well but it turns out we were not really getting a good picture at school of what was happening in the mornings. I have now made these stop lights for them to send home each day so we can get a better idea, and not reward him for bad choices. We thought everything was just going great.....
but it turns out that Brett has been struggling. Thursday of last week he got so upset he threw over a lego table, within inches of a little girl already in the midst of an asthma attack who was laying on the floor. When I asked how come it was going so well and this was a one time thing it seems they had a different story. The first stop light that came home had a red in the morning and a green in the afternoon. He had kicked a ball at the teacher when asked to put it away, then ran from her, pestered other kids, wouldnt ly down on his matt at nap time, and got scratch by another kid, pushed him down and then kicked him while he was on the ground. This all happened before noon!!!! Afternoon- angel. Now if brett had never been in trouble before I might think it had to do with the teacher- but he has already been kicked out of one school and is on the verge of school number 2. My parents ordered me the total transformation and I have a Dr. appt with a pediatrician who specializes in behavior. I am totally out of ideas!!!! I feel we do good at home disciplining him when he doesnt follow the rules. He is in immediate trouble if he hits or kicks.
Brett is such a dear sweet kid and then he just switches in seconds. I really hope this is figured out before the new baby is here or I might just go insane.
1 comment:
It's so hard when your kids behavior is not where it should be. We know how sweet our children are. I hope you get things worked out! If I hear of anything that has helped other moms I will let you know!
Post a Comment