So tonight is the 1st Utah Utes Football Game!!!! WAHOO!!!! anyway Brett had a major blow out over treats at a baseball game this year so I have been telling him daily that he is only allowed to get out of his seat one time and can get a drink and a snack (like churro or nachos or m&ms). Its his call. But only once no matter what happens to the food. He asks why, and I told him because it cost too much money. Truthfully it does cost way to much to eat at games. But besides that its like 50 rows up and I miss so much of the game. At the Baseball game they only took cash and I was completely out of after he lost his churro. The line at the ATM was too long. So I told him I didnt have any more. also sometimes when I pick him up he always wants to go buy a treat at the gas station or eat at burger king. I have gotten in the habit of telling him that I dont have enough money and just leave it at that. well this morning on the way to school he was going on and on about why he should get more snacks at the game. Specifically he wants a snow cone, hot chocolate, churro, nachos and M&M's and its not fair he can only have one because he has his own money.
he does have a Harley Davidson Hog bank that is full or pennys, nickles and quarters. Its usually money he finds around the house or in my car. He said since I didnt have any moeny he would use his because he never runs out. I asked him how he got his money and if he worked for it. His reply "no I just get it from you". I said well what happens if I run out and you wont have any. His reply- You will give me your money before you run out. So I guess I really need to work on this lesson with brett but he so does not get it.
October 2013 Paw Print
12 years ago
2 comments:
Haha! This made me chuckle! He is so cute! And I love the ultrasound pics! How exciting! I can't wait to hear what you are having! Boy or girl, it'll be adorable!
check out kids.daveramsey.com for some good ideas. we took his 13-week FPU course and were definitely inspired in how to teach our kids about money. he talks about giving them comissions instead of allowances. the idea behind comissions is that you earn what you work for. some things are part of being in a family but you can earn $ for extra work. anyway, we had an entire hour about this. email me if you want more info about it. we found it all to be so helpful and plan to start it with henry soon. as soon as we're in the habit of bugeting, etc, so we can be good examples ourselves.
Post a Comment