Sunday, September 7, 2008

Brett.



Brett is starting a new school Monday so I have wanted him to get some attention to make this a good transition but HOLY COW!!!!! So Brett was kicked out of his last school for going berserko on them.... I have read and tried so many things. I am extremely worried about him and can not figure out what is setting off his trigger. I took Brett to home depo today to pick up some sprinkler line and he climbed out of the top of a cart ran up and down the aisles with me chasing him just giggling. When I finally got him back, huffing and puffing I seat belted him in. He cried through the whole check out process with me telling the check out lady to stop bugging him as he was in time out and got him into the truck. He proceeded to take the top part of his seat belt off and threw groceries that he could reach at my head. I got out of the truck (left the air conditioning on) and stood outside for long enough for him to settle. He was absolutely out of control. Trying to hold him didnt work, trying to talk to him didnt work. Nothing worked. He just went crazy. He starts out by just thinking running from adults is fun but then its like something is tripped and he just goes nuts. I am truly at my wits end because we have horrible moments like this but then last night we took him to the Utes game (the Utes won by the way) and he was an absolute doll. Behaved like my little angel.

So yesterday, before I got fired from helping with sprinklers, I put brett down for his nap. I was using the "love and logic approach" to putting him to bed and allowed him to stay in his room with the door shut and he could sleep on the floor. I let him know were were going to a football game and it was important to sleep and he shouldnt have toys in his bed. he then asked about sleeping on the floor. I said okay and went outside for a while. I kept checking on him. I finally left him for about 30 minutes and this is what I saw when I returned.

He feel asleep half on and half off the bed and completely destroyed his room. Now the next mornning on Sunday...(I was not fired until 9 so around 8) we were outside and he was being great. I told him he could
have a sucker (I know its early but geez) if he cleaned up his room. He went in there and did an awesome job. I just dont get it its like Jeckle and hyde. I love him so much and dont get why he is struggling so bad its just killing me inside.




Well wish us luck at the new day care. Its more of a preschool all day long. Its extremely structured and they never do free play for more than 30 minutes. We went the other day and sat through circle time and the teachers were the best. He really got into it. I am hopeful with the more "big" curriculum he wont get bored.

1 comment:

Andrea B. said...

Wow!!! I'm of no help!!! Emma is a little of Jeckle and Hyde but in a different way - more of a pester and push your buttons sort of way.

Hopefully structure will help. And it sounds like "Love and Logic" is helping. My kids like to destroy their rooms at quite time. I've resorted to - as long as you're quite, and stay in your room - I don't care. Then we clean up later.

Good luck with the new school.