Sunday, June 15, 2008

House Update

So we are all moved in and finally had a weekend that it just felt like home. It was wonderful. I am starting to figure out where I put everything and it doesnt feel like a hotel anymore. I think Brett is feeling the same way. We had an unfortunate event though. We went to hang up covers in the basement windows and found some water under the master bath. I took a long hot bath to make sure it wasnt the tub. After that I turned the shower on and it was like Niagra falls in the basement. We are not exactly sure what to do next. It could be some cracks in the grout or it could be a lot worse than that. Luckily i have a great husband who is taking charge.

Below is a picture of our fireplace. we bought a few vases this weekend. I love to watch decorating shows on TV. I would love to be able to accomplish what they do but I just dont have a knack for it no matter how hard I try. But this was an attempt to put a few little touches into the new house



I havent put a picture of the laundry room on the blog yet. I have to admit it was a major selling point for me. Since I have been married I had a closet for a laundry room with stackable washer and dryer, then another closet, then a washer and dryer in the back of an unfinished basement, then another closet, then a little bigger closet. So this one is so great. It actually has some counter space and a place to hang close! It makes me feel really really really old to be so excited about a laundry room.

1 comment:

Andrea B. said...

I'm so jealous of your laundry room. It looks fabulous. I would love some counter space for folding. I'm with you, I have a hard time decorating. Good thing I have my mom. Hope you can get the leak fixed. That's so hard when your house is brand new. Good thing you have Justin!!! It's nice to have a handy man!!