Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I won I won I won

As an HR professional I am usually never allowed to be in the drawings at work. So to actually win something at work is kind of exciting for me. On May 3rd we went to a school and cleaned it up. My specific project was a 36 foot US map painted on black top. I was covered in white, red, yellow and blue by the time it was over. So it was a good service project and then after coming back to the office I found out I won a video camera..... Now I really didnt need one, but I am keeping it because I dont want to jinx myself from winning in the future. It just was fun to win, and for a good cause anyway.

Just a moving update- all of our stuff (minus a few cleaning supplies and a lawn mower) has been brought to the new house. Its in the garage and still we have a lot of work to do but I must say it feels great to be so close to the end. moving over a month as opposed to a weekend has its advantages and disadvantages but I am so happy its almost over. I must put out a note to everyone that UHAUL is not on my happy list of vendors these days. They did not have the trailer we rented and it took some pretty big drama on my part to get a truck in its place for the same price. They did not even call to tell us we would not have a trailer nor did they express empathy for the predicament they put us in. I will not use Uhaul again.

Update on brett- He is now in the preschool class at school. They moved him up because he was not being nice to his friends or teachers and we thought we would give it a try. So far so good. They have to be potty trained in there and other than the first day over a week ago he has not had an accident at school. He sort of plays alone in there as he is much younger than the other kids and needs to get use to it but so far so good. On that note- he got his first field trip permission slip for the zoo this week. I am mixed. I just and very nervous about him doing something that big without family. He came home so excited about it I had to sign it but I am very mixed. The other big thing is that he has been riding a big boy bike with training wheels he did awesome and drove around the block 2x today.

1 comment:

Andrea B. said...

Fun to win!!! Sorry about UHaul, what a pain. I hope things work out for Brett. I would have a hard time letting my kids go to the zoo without family, too.