Friday, February 1, 2008

So much going on and so little time…… Yet it feels like time is standing still and I am getting nothing done…..

I am still in my final 2 weeks of employment. My last day is February 7th. Technically I have today and 3 more days left to work next week. However, my boss is being really cool and as long as everything goes as planned it will be today and then one more day next week! Then I will get a little vacation between the 2 jobs. So keep your fingers crossed for me. I am having a hard time at work concentrating these days. My office is cleaned out and I am just ready for this transition to begin. I think I have thought of everything I need to do before I leave and now I am just watching the clock.

Brett is home sick with Justin today. He coughed all night last night and had a slight fever this morning. They have had to trudge through a rough day which included having to shovel snow with a sick kid in the freezing cold. Brett wont stay in the house alone for a minute if one of us is outside. Every time I call it sounds like there is another drama going on. Now the drama is usually in Brett’s mind. If his food isn’t prepared the right way, or if he doesn’t want to eat something and it’s on the same plate as something he wants to eat, If he is pealing a banana and it breaks in the middle, etc. etc. etc. I feel guilty for not being there. My biggest fear with all this change is that Brett is going to get sick in the first month of my new job so please keep your fingers crossed for me on this as well. Think Healthy Brett!

On Thursday I got to go to the kick off meeting for 2008 at my new job. It was nice to meet everyone and it calmed my nerves a bit because it finally felt “real”. I cant wait to start. I had plans to go home and get house work done and some misc. projects done. Instead I went home and feel asleep on the couch for over 2 hours. I guess my illness and busyness caught up with me. Then it was time to run and get brett so once again nothing got done. I got to go and meet Chris for breakfast and it was nice to catch up on old times. Of course most of the talk was about Brett and Dani but that’s okay too. Thanks for breakfast Chris.

Justin is busy too. Today was important for him to get a lot of work done and instead he is at home getting none of it done. Tomorrow though he gets to go snowmobiling with his dad. I am jealous. Justin’s dad still has 2 sleds so Justin is going to go down and meet him at Fairview. We had so much fun when we owned snowmobiles and I miss them terribly. Justin should have a blast! We are all ready for the snow to go away though. Justin wants to ride his new Harley and I am just sick of driving in it. It took me 1 hour and 45 minutes to get to work this morning.

Last night, (I didn’t realize Brett was sick yet) we went to McDonalds play land. First time for Brett playing in the icky play land. He had a blast. He meet a cute little boy and they had a blast together. Now that he knows its there I have a feeling we wont get to go through the drive up anymore. I ended up pulling him out an hour later kicking and screaming.

Sorry so long winded and not so many pictures….. last but not least my 10 most happy thoughts about changing jobs. (in no particular order)

10. NO MORE GREEN SHIRTS ( I HAVE ALREADY HAD MY SHOPPING SPREE BUT STILL NEED SHOES)

9. 1.5 MORE HOURS OF SLEEP A NIGHT (JUSTIN AND BRETT WILL APPRECIATE THIS TOO)

8. BRETT MORNING AND NIGHT (AS OPPOSED TO JUST NIGHTS)

7. NO SATURADYS! (*EXCLUDES RARE OCCASIONS)

6. 1.9 MILES TO WORK INSTEAD OF A 1 HOUR AND 45 MINUTE DRIVE IN THE SNOW.

5. FREE CABLE/HIGHSPEED (WHEN WE MOVE, ITS NOT AVAILABLE AT OUR RENTAL)

4. NOT HAVING TO WATCHOUT OF PALLET JACKS AND FORKLIFTS

3. NO MORE CRAZY LAST MINUTE SHOPPING TRIPS, POWER POINTS AND MEETINGS.

2. NO MORE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT ALARM CALLS BECAUSE THERE IS A CAT OR OWL IN THE BUILDING.

1. NO MORE ADMINISTERING URINE DRUG TESTS!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Andrea B. said...

Sounds like some pretty good reasons to leave your job. You sure have been busy. It sounds like that sleep will come in handy. How has Brett's new daycare gone? Hope you have fun skiing next week!

Chelsea said...

yea for no more green shirts!!! what are you going to do when you get to pick out your own clothes?! you're going to have to remember how you dressed yourself pre-DT.