Friday, February 29, 2008

The long night

Last night I helped Justin with a project on his bikes. He finally got his new pipes. I guess everyone who rides harley's know that the first thing you HAVE to do it put new pipes on it. So justin held out as long as he could and then he just had to have them. Stock Harley pipes are just too quiet. Anyway we started about 8 pm last night after Brett went to bed. I had no idea what a venture we were in for!!!!! Lets just say it makes sense why the shops cost so much to install them for you. We had to take all the electrical stuff apart. It was insane. We had instructions but even though they were in english they were tough to get. I am so glad Justin gets this kind of stuff.

Anyway I was there mostly to hold the flash light and get my hand in small places when needed. about 11:30 I was freezing and went to bed. I laid there still freezing until 12:30 and went to check on him. Back to bed and then he came up needing me to hold a piece while he attached the new pipes.... big moment. Anyway I helped and went back to bed and he came up well after 1:30 finally done. But heres the deal. you cant test to see if they work while you are working on it, and then once its done you have to wash it so your finger prints don't burn on the pipes, and then it was too late to start the loud pipes. So all night I just kept thinking, what if it doesnt work. What if we missed one connection.... So this morning when I went to work (yes I was tired) I kept calling to see if it worked. I was terrified but IT WORKED on the first time!!! Yippeee... I feel so mechanically inclined all the sudden.



Electrical stuff under the seat



Justin laying on the floor, on a hose in a dirty garage for his bike.



Organized Justin



Fat Boy only sign



The final product..... It had pipes on it before but these ones are shinier and make a must deeper louder noise!

I will sleep well tonight

1 comment:

Andrea B. said...

That is a major accomplishment. It feels good to get those things done, but at the same time you think should I have just paid for this?