Thursday, April 19, 2007

Traveling with an (almost) 2 year old!

One word…….. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Our trip was not all that bad, but still. I have been home for 2 days and I am still tense and have a headache due to all the crying and screaming that I heard.

We started out the trip on Saturday with Brett running a fever. It was a pretty high fever. The night before he threw up 2x but had not thrown up that day. On the plane the fever got higher and I had all the Tylenol packed on the checked baggage (I didn’t want to deal with the zip lock bag). Anyway we landed and got his Tylenol as soon as we could. Got to the hotel and had a nap. Went to the Mariners Game and he did well there. We really had a great time. He loved watching the ball get hit. Oh and we had World Famous Garlic Fries at the game. To anyone who goes to a Mariners game you need to try them YUMMMMMM! (I can still taste them). Then we went to Iver’s (famous for clam chowder and fish and chips). It was also really good, Justin ate 1 pound of crab legs that was so fresh…. I had to help.

The crib the hotel had was a death trap so he had to sleep with us. It did not go so well. None of us slept. The next day we had a 2 hour drive to Ellensburg Washington. He slept the whole way and then some. We drove around to look at the town and then went to the hotel. He wasn’t sick anymore but still just tired. Since he slept in the car he didn’t take an afternoon nap. We swam and then went driving around again and by this time he was sick of being in the car. We fought the whole way. We finally got back to the hotel and had to order pizza since we didn’t dare take him out.

The next day I was with Brett while Justin was doing his presentation. It was a long day. We went to the park but only for a while because it was COLD! We played in the hotel room, went swimming, had a nap, played some more. Justin was really late and we were getting hungry so we finally decided to leave the hotel. We went to the elevator and Justin was on it so we all went to a local drive in to eat. It was decent but not the worlds best burgers as promised.

Tuesday we drove 2 hours back to the airport, got on the plane and he did good from Seattle to Spokane but after that he scram for the rest of the plane ride. It was horrible. We got home and Brett feel asleep for 2 hours, then had dinner and slept for another 12. He was so happy to be home. On Wednesday he work up just acting like his old self again. So Yia Yia, Papou, Nana, Papa…. Next time he stays with one of you!!!!!! Somehow I don’t think anyone would complain!

I would love to say I got some pictures but I did not…. I took a disposable camera and while we were there I only took like 3 pictures. It just wasn’t that picturesque of a weekend.

1 comment:

Andrea B. said...

Wow - you are totally brave!! But now you can say you did it and lived through it, and that is something to be proud of.