Today I sold my Toyota highlander..... I was so excited to get a new car, and also excited to have the Toyota sold but I must admit while we were walking in the door to pick up the check I got teary eyed. I have put 142,000 miles on that car. I purchased it with 5079 miles and sold it with over 147k which I can say were almost all mine. Overall I figured that out at an average of 50 miles per hour to be about 2840 hours over 7 years that I have spent in that car. Seven years is longer than any job I have ever held, longer than any place I have lived as an adult, and older than my children. There are many memories, vacations, and activities that car makes me think about. I have a great new car and I am so happy but I must admit it feels like the end of an era.
October 2013 Paw Print
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment