Friday, October 28, 2011

Fun day

Tonight I took Caleb and Brett to the Enchanted Forrest at the Treehouse museum.  It was a fun halloween event.  They walked through the museum and meet a variety of fictional characters like peter pan, the tin man, a fairy god mother, and dorothy.  Throughout the journey they were trying to find clues that the Wicked Witch of the West had melted so they could get the scarecrow a brain.  Along the way they collected some pretty unique prizes and treats.  Brett got very into the program.  Caleb on the other hand was much too young (which I knew when I bought the tickets).  At first he stuck very close to me but then he started to want to explore the museum.  He didnt want to hold hands, he didnt want to be held he just wanted to go and play.  The one thing he did like to do was get his treat.  He would hold his little orange bag out and just start walking.  He never knew where to go so he would just go up to complete strangers with his bag opened.  Brett and I worked hard to navigate and then I tried to make sure he didnt try and eat his candy while we were there.  Overall it was a blast but boy am I tired.







Today we painted pumpkins.  The one that Caleb painted we actually grew ourselves.  Brett took his job very seriously and made sure it was perfect. He said that the pumpkin had eyes in his cheeks.  I could have sworn he was saying his pumpkin had chink eyes and was trying to tell him not to say that.
caleb also had fun painting but I wasnt sure if he thought he was suppose to paint his face or the pumpkin.

No comments: