Tuesday, July 1, 2008

How can someone so cute have such a mean streak?


Brett is just the sweetest kid in the world. Sometimes he gets mad when he doesnt get his way but for the most part he makes you smile more than makes you mad. He has struggled at school with being mean but for the last 2 months that seems to have gone away as he moved into a new room.... that is until today! He got sent home after being told he couldnt play in the sandbox. He his hit teacher 3x and then got sent to the office. While he the office he cried for over 45 minutes. Screaming so loud you could hear him all through the school. He had a great night of sleep last night, ate breakfast and should have had a fun day. I had to take a 1/2 day off work and am trying to make sure he doesnt have too much fun today being home so its not a reward for his crying streak. He is such a doll but sometimes I can see it in his eyes as he is thinking of how he can play a situation to his advantage and I think he is winning....... I never realized how manipulative a 3 year old can be. He knows he is cute and he plays on it. He also says "I love you mommy" just as he knows I am hitting my limit! Any advise is always appreciated. I dont know which one of us is going to end up at the shrink first.

1 comment:

Andrea B. said...

Isn't it amazing how smart little children are. It sounds like you are taking the right approach - don't reward for bad behavior. Good luck!!!